Saturday, January 12, 2008

Big Bangs theory

Okay, so today I woke up with the hairdo I strove for so unsuccessfully back in middle school (for which I'm actually grateful, since I look mercifully normal in the pictures from back then). Here it is, complete with my hand-Flashdanced T-shirt:

eighties hair 1

Seriously, if you had told me, back in those days of White Rain hairspray and the smell of burnt hair congealing on a hot curling iron, that the secret to huge bangs was to take a hot shower at one a.m. and pass out in a puddle of exhausted drool for eight to ten hours, I would have screamed. Uh... muh... guh.

eighties hair 2

Props to the neighbs for engineering this fabulous eighties pose, by the by.

In other matters, fyi I am turning out to be a veritable Scarlet O'Hara with my Kenmore. Last night I made this here dress out of extra fabric from some old curtains, an old quilt, and my favorite too-short tank top:

project dress

I love it when something emerges from the Fabric Vortex and gets to go hang in my closet. It makes me purty sure I could survive the burning of Atlanta.

No comments: