Friday, November 23, 2007

happy t(of)urkey day

That's my attempt at a politically correct Thanksgiving salutation, something along the lines of "Season's Greetings".

Thanksgiving has never been one of my favorite holidays. In fact it's mostly caused me anguish over the years, not only because of its dubious historical premise, but also because it's a holiday based on prolonged sessions of overeating followed by hours of lethargy, also the Detroit Lions.

Not to mention that most often, folks have the good sense to prepare a whole lot of coffee for all the guests, of which I end up drinking more than my fair share. So I'll have like six cups of coffee with my pumpkin pie, then I'll walk into the room where everyone is in a post-Thanksgiving-dinner carbohydrate stupor and go, "What's WRONG with you people?! Don't you want to DO SOMETHING?! Bleeeaaaarrrrrggggghhhh!" then promptly go into cardiac arrest.

By that measure, this Thanksgiving was not only painless, but even enjoyable. There was a hootenanny {sic}, a kitten, lots of knitting, and booze. Also these praline things that were addictive. The neighbs monitored my coffee intake so I didn't go berzerkers.

Hope yours was good too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a lovely Thanksgiving!
-gretchen