Thursday, October 16, 2008

woof

Since we moved, many people have asked, "how is Grendl doing in his new home?" and since apparently Snuggly Kibble Biped can't be bothered to create a blog post about it, I feel at liberty to do so myself. I apologize in advance for any typographical errors; you'd be surprised how difficult it is to type when one lacks opposable thumbs.

I must say that I have been very happy here. This apartment has required much less of my redecorating talents than the previous one, although the carpet is woefully bereft of intriguing odors. I am happy to say that the sunshine we brought with us has made its new nest in the dining room, making this a very convenient place for napping.

There is a long hallway, which makes for excellent sessions of Hedgehog, although Snuggly Kibble Biped and Sleepy Frisbee Biped sometimes come home too tired to appreciate the rare and exciting opportunity presented by such amusements. At times I myself am too tired from keeping them in line to play Hedgehog. Now that they have all these rooms to be in, it's much more difficult to keep them tightly herded; often, I am forced to stretch myself along the hallway wall to ensure that their comings and goings do not escape my supervision.

There is much to sniff, as well as any number of ornamental plants upon which I must pee between home and the park. At first, Snuggly Kibble Biped and Sleepy Frisbee Biped had trouble locating this hub of canine activity and would take me on interminable walks around the neighborhood, but now they have the hang of it I think that they will not again make the mistake of attempting to direct me somewhere else. I admit,I am not above giving them a gentle reminder when they get off track.

At the park, my work is never done. Dogs arrive and leave with their bipeds in tow, and while they are there I do my best to keep them safely together (with me, their fearless leader, running out ahead, naturally). For some reason, Snuggly Kibble Biped is mortified each time I am compelled to proclaim my feelings for one of the fine lady-dogs who frequent the park. Some people simply have never been able to stomach public displays of affection, I guess.

It must get terribly stuffy and boring in the pantry, so sometimes I like to take Hedgehog on our walks with us. I carry him to the park in my mouth, gently of course, but I do let him roam loose while we wait for passing traffic at cross streets.

My bipeds spend more time at home these days. They seem a bit lonely, which I think is ridiculous, frankly, since I have already made loads of friends: Mojo, my preferred shepherd-minx; Olaf, the Newfoundland; and George, the pug. The first time I saw George I wasn't sure he was a dog, so I barked him thoroughly, but since then we have come to an understanding.

Well, my friends, I am sorry to say that I must leave you now, having a pressing engagement to place a soggy scrap of rawhide in some unpleasant location.

1 comment:

trace.dominguez said...

i tagged you on my blog. Look at the post before the most recent one!

miss you.